Friday, November 12, 2010

Podcasts Are So Old-School

Right before she moved away, my darling friend Jacey - art yarn spinner, witty weirdo and all-around inspiration asked me to do a reading of a piece I originally performed for the Charm City Kitty Club and then a chunk of stops on the Tranny Roadshow Tour for her Insubordiknit Podcast. I hemmed and hawed a while, enormously flattered but pretty certain it was in no way cool enough, before finally saying yes as I should have all along. Then she moved, got busy, and I forgot to check and see if she'd ever finished making the episode until I discovered it today, by accident, actually.

So here it is. It's Episode 7 (Thing One and Thing Two)... and while I vigorously endorse an entire listen-through, if you're pressed for time I start yammering at, oh, 20min 30sec or so. Runs about 15 minutes. This is the same piece that's been slated to come out in an anthology which has a perpetually changed publication date so.... this may be as close to published as it gets, since I'm lazy and these things only get done because they land in my lap. Also? It uses the vulgarity because, well, so do I. And it's me.

http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=27394

No comments:

Post a Comment